喜愛自由、自然、自在。

2010-01-22

GPRS as Backup

My board-band internet connection went down since last afternoon, and got service and resumed normal this evening. During this period, I tried to use my Windows Mobile as internet modem.

I use CMCC Peoples (中國移動香港) GPRS/EDGE connection. I tried bluetooth and wifi between the phone and PC, but not very stable. Finally I used USB connection, and the result was very good.

The service is marginally sufficient for watching the market and login my online broker to do trades. Actually today I made a lot of trades, due to the violent market fluctuation.

The monthly fee for the unlimited-access GPRS of the stored value card is HK$78. It has various discount in recharge and the lowest actual cost is HK$53.  I think it is a sensible choice of backup connection. Of course I also get mobile internet service when not at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment