喜愛自由、自然、自在。

2010-01-17

Finally Asus P835 in 2nd Hand

After search for some smartphone's spec and price, I still choose a WM6.1, for its price/performance ratio. I always buy PPC in 2nd hand because the price the drop too fast. I got this one for only HK$1700. For a 800x480 WVGA, 288M RAM device, I think it is a deal - if not a steal.

The model has many negative user comment for unreliable touch screen and some firmware stuff for its first batch, so that the 2nd hand price dropped dramatically. My calculation is later batches will be improved or the forehand user has submitted to repair and finally problem fixed. The seller declared he never had problem with this device. It is in the latest firmware version when I got it.

The device, I think, use resistance touch screen which is not as good as the new capacitance touch screen technology that used in such as iPhone. The sensitivity is not good and confirm. It is still usable.

The hold switch is too tight to the body but too slip to the finger. My old P320 is better. I may make some texture on it by a small piece of sandpaper.

I have no complain on other aspects. The RAM is plenty that I may never need to kill background programs.

4 comments:

  1. Try to take a look to the following site:

    http://www.eten-users.eu

    You may find some useful info

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am puzzling that you said acer = eten = bad quality ?
    Anyway, I don't look for shopping information now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may mislead you about the quality thing

    If Acer has their own WM, i did not know their quality

    Acer had bought Eten. Some new Acer WMs are actually Eten WM.

    Eten <--- No good

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may find not only the shopping info in that site.

    Some developers had cook some free ROMs for WM phones. I find a Wm6.5 for my M800 from there

    ReplyDelete